Monday, August 2, 2010

August Meal Plan

So meal planning is one of my favorite things to do - as long as I do it in advance!  This is one of my lists that make living for today sooooo much easier.  Unfortunately I am easily stressed by the unknown and am also extremely indecisive.  If we do not have a plan for dinner I will spend at least an hour stressing over what to cook etc. then still not be happy with what we made.  When I plan a whole month's of meals I don't have to think about what to make at all I just look at my calendar and bam its all there!  Also, just because it is planned this way doesn't mean we always stick to it - I have already adjusted the first four days due to having leftovers and our unexpected picnic at the beach last night!  Each week I will update with some of the recipes others I will post a link to where I found it.  Enjoy!

Aug 1st - Egg Salad Sandwiches, Watermelon, Pasta Salad, Oranges, and Pie (Picnic at the beach)
Aug 2nd - Leftover Brazilian Beef & Pork, Salmon Tacos, Corn, Refried Beans
Aug 3rd - Broccoli & Garlic Pasta (recipe to come later in the week), Garlic Bread
Aug 4th - Leftover Brazilian Beef and Pork with Chiriasco Sauce, Baked Beans, Zucchini
Aug 5th - Tostadas, Corn, Chips and Salsa
Aug 6th - Meatball Subs with Grilled Zucchini
Aug 7th - Hamburgers, Homemade Fries, Baked Beans, & Salad
Aug 8th - My Sister's Going Away to College Celebration
Aug 9th - German Pork Roast, Corn Bread Muffins
Aug 10th - Visiting Family for Dinner
Aug 11th - Green Chili Burritos, Corn, Chips & Salsa (these are awesome recipes to follow)
Aug 12th  - Pork In Orange Sauce, Rice, Stir Fry Veggies
Aug 13th - Chorizo & Eggs, Tortillas, Salsa, Fruit
Aug 14th - Lasagna, Garlic Bread & Salad
Aug 15th - Rotisserie Chicken, BBQ Potato packets, grilled veggies
Aug 16th - Spaghetti & Meatballs, Garlic Bread, Broccoli & Cauliflower
Aug 17th - Risotto Alla Milanese, Salad (uses leftover rotisserie chicken)
Aug 18th - Breakfast Burritos, Fruit
Aug 19th - Chicken Tacos (using leftover rotisserie chicken), Corn, Beans/Rice
Aug 20th- Chili Cheese Dogs, Fries, Salad
Aug 21st - Steak Pasta Salad, Garlic Bread
Aug 22nd - Garlic Lime Game Hens, Long Grain Wild Rice, Corn
Aug 23rd - Fire Island Ziti, Grille bell Peppers
Aug 24th - Chicken Alfredo, Broccoli, Bread
Aug 25th - Veggie Chow Mein
Aug 26th - Dirty Rice, Tomato Salad
Aug 27th - Louisiana Red Beans and Rice, Grilled Veggies
Aug 28th - Alfredo Pizza, Salad
Aug 29th - Fried Burritos, Corn/Peas, Chips & Salsa
Aug 30th - Pasta With Pesto, Salad, Bread
Aug 31st - Chili Verde, Refried Beans, Spanish Rice

Wow that is a lot of yummy food and I am already looking forward to cooking dinner each night!  Now recipes and links will come at a later time since my littlest tot wants to get dressed and go outside!  Enjoy this for now and I will be back to edit this post later.

Your List Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment